Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Christian Is as Christian Does

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will separate all the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will say to the goats on his left hand, "Depart from me, you workers of evil. For I was hungry and you let my unemployment benefits lapse. I was thirsty and you polluted my water supply. I was a stranger and you exploited my labor. I was sick and you made health insurance unaffordable and put the cost of prescription medicines out of my reach. I was in prison, and you cared more for your conviction rate than about my innocence." And the people will say to him, "When did we do all this?" And he will reply, "Inasmuch as you have done unto one of the least of these, you did it unto me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home