Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

On Iraq

I woke up this morning with a blog entry on my mind, but I can't remember it now.

Memory is the second thing to go. (What's the first? I don't remember.)

Anyway, there's something else I have been thinking about of late. Bush's invasion of Iraq reminds me of an old joke: A man is on a street corner searching. A cop comes up and asks him, "What are you looking for?"

"I lost my keys," he replies.

The cop says, "Where did you lose them?"

He says, "Inside the bar there," indicating the building behind him.

"Then why are you looking out here?" the cop asks.

"Because the light is better under this street light."

Bush invaded Iraq because it was too hard to keep the hunt for Osama up, so he went after an easier target, lying to say it was part of the "War on Terror."

The light was better there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home