Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Jokes you can't tell any more

I once made a list of jokes you can't tell any more because of things that have changed. Right now, I need a diversion, so I'm going to share the two I remember.

A herd of bees was flying along, and they decided to stop for gas. They all flew into an Amoco station, except for one who flew over to an Esso station. That just goes to show you: There's always one Esso bee in every crowd.

You can't tell that any more since Esso changed its name to Exxon. Exxon bee doesn't have the same meaning.

The other: What do you call a dog with wings?

Linda McCartney.

You can't tell that one any more because Ms. Eastman-McCartney has passed on, and it would be in poor taste, anyway.

Then there are racist jokes, which I have no desire to pass along, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home