Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Monday, April 07, 2008

More on Media Amnesia

I said what I said before about Hillary Clinton, but still, I can't let one thing go.

She has been getting all sorts of grief (probably deservedly so) for remembering sniper fire that never happened when landing at a Balkan airport.

But, putting things in context, I remember Ronald Reagan saying he remembered helping to liberate a concentration camp in Europe at the end of World War II. He was never in Europe during WWII. He was over here making movies--war propaganda movies included, which helped the war effort--but he never was at a concentration camp's liberation.

So where was the media outcry over that whopper to match what they are screaming about Hillary's misstatement?

Or for that matter, why was it a story for no more than two days when George Bush I, in 1988, forgot that Pearl Harbor Day was in December and thought it was in September?

The old double standard from your "liberal" media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home