Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Three Questions

Three questions I have not been able to find the answer to, no matter who I called (Cecil Adams, Glad You Asked, etc.):

First: Is there another species on Earth in which two females will fight over a male?
Too many bar fights, etc. I don't like to get near two women fighting.

Second: I know that men and women vary equally in heights. I just wonder if my observation is true, that women's heights are more spread out along the range while men's heights tend to cluster around the norm. I have noticed more instances of Allison Janney and Kristen Chinoweth than I have of Shaquille O'Neal and Muggsy Bogues. Do the average group of women vary in tallness more than the average group of men do?

Third: What universe do professors at Business Schools inhabit? They teach that companies can increase sales by throwing thousands of customers out of work, that they can attract more customers by cutting back on customer service, and that you don't have to show loyalty to your workers to get them to show loyalty to your company. I mean, what have they been smoking?

Back to serious stuff later, but I am curious about these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home