Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Random Thoughts

After investing in a new hard drive in March or so, my DVD-ROM drive went out. My computer didn't know it had one, and when I took it to the shop, it wouldn't even boot up with the drive attached. I bought a new one and when I got it home it couldn't find the boot-up record on the hard drive. So I broke down and bought a new one. I also joined the 21st. Century and got high-speed internet. Love it.

Now, to the less pleasant stuff. I notice the Republicans (including a rebuttal to my latest letter to the Hickory Daily Liar) are falling back on the old "You're another" defense. They scream about Gary Stubbs and Bill Clinton, both of whom got caught doing with people over the age of legal consent what goes on in corporate offices all over America all the time. They can't understand how these two got to keep their jobs when Ken Foley had to resign from Congress.

Well, Gary Stubbs was reelected by his constituents just like Cass Ballenger was reelected by the voters of this district in spite of his repeated votes in Congress against the interests of the working people here. And the Republican Congress was not able to make the case that two consenting adults doing what goes on in Corporate America (and in some Republican Congressional offices, I'd bet) was criminal enough to warrant reversing an election.

Meanwhile the Republican leadership did something the Democratic leadership never did: circle the wagons to protect a child molester.

I am appalled at the ignorance that can't see that distinction. Or is it the cynicism and manipulation of the sheeple that tries to equate them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home