Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Somebody please explain this.

I don't know if what I'm doing here amounts to anything more than mental masturbation, because I don't know if anybody besides me is reading it. I did get one comment once, from Christina (which I appreciated), but that's all.

Anyway, I have a question, in case anyone is reading this. It is this: How does calling someone a "liberal" or a "right-wing nut" or anything related to that refute the assertions in that person's argument? After all, facts are facts, and the truth is the truth, no matter who says them.

Now, I have read enough from some columnists and commentators to know that they have precious little to say that I care to read or hear, but that does not rule out their being right on some rare occasion, does it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home