Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Now that Obama has it sewn up

I admit Barack Obama was not my first, nor second, choice for Democratic nominee. Still, I can endorse him without hesitation.

I like his vision, and I believe he will have long enough coattails that we in the blogosphere will be able to put the pressure on a majority Democratic Congress to get things done beyond what Obama has proposed, e.g. health care reform beyond the timid steps he proposes.

I also noticed that he did well among working-class whites WEST of the Mississippi, while the punditocracy was talking about how poorly he was doing among working-class whites, but leaving out that the ones they were talking about live EAST of the Mississippi.

I have a feeling Obama can win even without Appalachia.

Of course, since I live in Appalachia, I would like for him to win here, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home