Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Monday, September 07, 2009

I'm concerned

I'm concerned about a friend. His wife has stage 4 cancer, and he's staying out of work to take care of her and see to her treatments.

I put them on our church's prayer list. At least I tried to. I'll try again in a little bit.

Meanwhile, I can't help reflect on his Republican ideology coming back to bite him. His party strove mightily against the Family and Medical Leave Act, and I'm sure he was in there with them. Now he is taking advantage of it.

He has joined in the Republican chorus condemning lawyers, but now he and his wife have a good malpractice case. I wonder if he still believes the same thing about lawyers.

He has the company health insurance. I wonder if he still opposes a publicly-financed option that might serve his family's needs better.

I won't go on in this manner, because it's too serious, and they are seriously in need of our prayers. If anyone is reading this, please remember my friends in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home