Name:
Location: Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States

I'm an ordained United Methodist minister no longer pastoring churches, a former media producer with skills ten years out of date, a writer trying to sell my first novel, and a sales associate keeping body and soul together working for the People's Republic of Corporate America. I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world, who was my best friend for 17 years before we married.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

What Is It with Pop-Ups?

I can't go to certain sites without having to close off some pop-up advertisements which somehow have figured out how to get around the pop-up blockers. Why do we even need pop-up blockers? Why don't advertisers have more consideration?

Then there are the ads that are already on the page, which is fine, but when I accidentally move my cursor across them, they expand and cover what I'm trying to read, and I have to hunt around the edges for a spot to click on to close them. Sometimes that's hard to find.

Then there are the pop-behind ads. A flicker on the screen is all you see, but then when you close the page, you can't go to bed or open any other programs without having to close a NetFlix ad or an ad for a mortgage company.

What I want to know is why in the world any of these advertisers, NetFlix, The Economist, or any mortgage company think I would spend a penny of my money on what they're offering when they have pissed me off so much. I have thought about subscribing to NetFlix the way I subscribe to Booksfree.com, but the more of these ads I have to close out, the less I intend ever to spend a cent of my money with such people as these.

Why would anybody spend any money on companies that are so irritating in their advertising?

Three letters: WTF!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home